Fast-paced independent CT wealth management firm seeks an experienced Paraplanner to join our growing team. The Paraplanner is a full-time position responsible for providing wealth advisors with research, analysis, reporting and trading support. This position has opportunities for professional growth and works closely with advisors and clients.
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
Provide outstanding financial planning and wealth management for existing and future clients. Supports advisors throughout the financial planning process by gathering client data; creating financial reports; performing investment research and financial analysis, creating retirement income plans and Teacher’s Retirement Board (TRB) pension estimates; executing all trades; and handling the Model Management platform for all clients.
- Strive for constant improvement of the financial planning process
- Gather statements provided by new and existing clients, and enter data into planning software
- Initiate conference calls with new and existing clients and third party companies to obtain data about current insurance policies, annuities and investment accounts or to execute an account transfer/rollover
- Analyze investments using Morningstar®, Riskalzye and other tools
- Use MoneyGuidePro, other planning software and propriety spreadsheets to create financial statements and projections, run Monte Carlo analyses, and illustrate how to consolidate investments with our firm
- Attend new and existing client meetings, take notes, create summary letters and perform necessary follow up
- Prepare pension estimates and retirement applications, including CT Teachers’ Retirement Board (TRB)
- Monitor and periodically update financial and retirement plans
- Promptly respond to and resolve client questions and requests regarding general account info, withdrawals, transfers, healthcare, Social Security, investments and all financial planning topics.
- Maintain model portfolios and manage client accounts within the Model Management platform.
- Perform semi-annual rebalancing and reactive rebalancing due to market conditions
- Execute all trades and monitor all SWPs, Debit Account Alerts and Upcoming Advisory Fee Alerts
- Perform year-end tax loss harvesting analysis and trades in appropriate taxable client accounts
- Input and maintain client cost basis information using ACCESS Tax Lot Accounting
Analysis and Reporting
- Conduct investment research as needed and generate accurate reports for meetings.
- Report team AUM tracking on a monthly basis, monitoring practice growth for monthly sales meetings
- Maintain monthly data analysis for model portfolios
- Gather, organize, and submit data for share class conversions
Research and Continuing Education
- Source investment analysis and reports using COMMUnity Link®, Morningstar, and third party vendors
- Perform quantitative and qualitative analysis with reliably sourced data
- Comply with all FINRA, SEC and Commonwealth regulations; satisfy continuing education requirements towards all licenses and certifications as needed
- Remain up to date on industry developments by reading trade journals and other publications, especially Barron’s
- Research new products and services that will enhance client relationships or fulfill client’s short- and long-term financial needs.
- Attend teleconferences, educational events and seminars
REQUIRED SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Financial services industry experience; 3+ years preferred.
- Highly proficient with financial planning and investment concepts and terminology
- Highly proficient with Excel
- Familiarity with mutual fund, stock, bond, insurance, and annuity products
- FINRA Series 7, or successful passing of this exams within 90 days of employment required
- FINRA Series 63, 65 or 66 license, or successful passing of these exams 90 days after passing Series 7 exam.
- Insurance license or successful passing of this exam within 1 year of employment required
- Superb attention to detail.
- Excellent time management and multi-tasking skills to manage multiple deadlines and complete projects with precision.
DESIRED SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™, or willingness to enroll in CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ certification program
- Familiarity with financial planning software; MoneyGuidePro a plus
- Familiarity with Morningstar® Advisor WorkstationSM, ACCESS Tax Lot Accounting, Fidelity Retirement Income Estimator a plus
- Experience working with a customer relationship management (CRM) system
- College degree preferred. BA or BS degree; math, finance, economics, science, engineering or business preferred. Completion of registered Paraplanner program a plus
- Experience working with Commonwealth or National Financial Services a plus.
- Familiarity with third-party asset management systems (how they work, their benefits and drawbacks) a plus
- Professional behavior according to the GSWM Employee Manual. Observe and honor GSWM core values of Honesty and Integrity; Build Genuine Relationships; Strive for Excellence; and Seek Continuous Self Improvement.
- Establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with the team. Work collaboratively to retain existing client base as well as grow client base.
- Possess a growth mindset and demonstrate initiative by being willing to take on new responsibilities, take charge of a responsibility without being asked, or make suggestions for improvements.
- Complete all projects with precision while adhering to workflow deadlines.
- Remain up to date on industry developments. Regularly review our broker/dealer Commonwealth Financial’s news items and technology updates.
- Develop high-level understanding of roles and responsibilities of each office position.
- Comply with all SEC and Commonwealth regulations; satisfy continuing education requirements.
Gottfried & Somberg Wealth Management LLC offers paid NYSE holidays, vacation and sick/personal days; a 401(k) retirement plan with a company match.
Interested parties should email their resume and cover letter with “Paraplanner” in the subject line to [email protected]. Gottfried & Somberg Wealth Management, LLC is located at 148 Eastern Boulevard, Suite 201, Glastonbury, CT 06033.