DIRECTOR OF OPERATIONS
Fast-paced independent CT wealth management firm committed to long-term growth seeks an experienced financial services operations professional to join our growing team. The Director of Operations is a full-time position responsible for managing the firm’s operations. This position reports to the COO and works closely with the COO to meet company objectives. Financial services industry experience required. Interested parties should email their resume and cover letter with “DOP” in the subject line to [email protected]. Gottfried & Somberg Wealth Management LLC is located at 148 Eastern Boulevard, Suite 201, Glastonbury, CT 06033.
- Property Management. Manage the firm’s properties, both owned and rented. Resolve non-technical issues related to facilities by working with property managers and contractors; excludes computers/phones/internet). Liaison with Rental Property manager at our new office building.
- Compliance. Remain up-to-date with latest guidelines from Compliance and implement adherence with team. Submit requests to Compliance, track, and confirm we satisfy terms of approval. Serve as resource for audits with Commonwealth and regulatory bodies.
- Licensing and designations. Manage from initial exam signups to annual renewal tracking.
- Legal affairs. In consultation with our attorney, review and process financing, leasing, construction, vendor, business partnerships, client sales, NDA, and other legal documents. Implement edits and administer terms of contract.
- Retirement plans operations. Assist with administering retirement plans that the firm is the investment advisor for. Team with the advisor during the plan proposal and installation process, and file forms with the Custodian, Recordkeeper, TPA and Commonwealth. Administer annual census gathering, semi-annual enrollment tracking and notification; administration; and manual direct billing including calculating fees each quarter.
SECONDARY RESPONSIBILITIES: Work closely with the COO to assist with managing the following:
- Marketing operations. Oversee marketing team’s implementation of marketing strategy and initiatives to build and expand the presence of our company and our brand. Includes marketing analysis of client demographics, workshop and event attendance, and competitors. Oversee the marketing staff’s implementation of seminars, charitable endeavors, and client recognition events and gifts. Oversee the staff’s implementation of our web site, social media, newsletters, client letters, ad hoc investment communications, webinars, podcasts and videos. Review outgoing client correspondence and provide guidance and training to employees for improvement.
- Practice Management. Review, analyze and implement best practices for HR, technology, efficiency, client services, fees, and scale and capacity planning.
- Human Resources. Recruitment, hiring, managing, problem resolution, PTO tracking, GSWM 401k administration and benefits administration. Quarterly and annual performance reviews, annual compensation research, and annual benefits comparison shopping.
- Technology. Work with IT vendors to manage all hardware, software and telecommunications.
- Finances. With bookkeeper manage the company's finances. Engage in Vendor relations and negotiations.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Financial services industry experience; 3+ years preferred. Experience working with Commonwealth or National Financial Services a plus.
- Experience with business operations and management.
- Familiarity with financial planning and investment concepts and terminology.
- Superb attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to interact with people across all levels of the business.
- Excellent time management and multi-tasking skills to manage multiple deadlines and complete projects with precision.
DESIRED SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- College degree preferred.
- FINRA Series 6, 7 or 24 registration preferred; FINRA Series 63 and 65 and Insurance license a plus.
- Familiarity with 401k plan administration a plus.
- Professional behavior according to the GSWM Employee Manual. Observe and honor GSWM core values.
- May supervise other employees who, in turn, may have direct reports.
- Develop high-level understanding of roles and responsibilities of each office position.
- Establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with the team.
- Work collaboratively to retain existing client base as well as grow client base.
- Possess a growth mindset and demonstrate initiative by being willing to take on new responsibilities, take charge of a responsibility without being asked, or make suggestions for improvements.
- Remain up to date on industry developments. Regularly review our broker/dealer Commonwealth Financial’s news items and technology updates.
- Comply with all SEC and Commonwealth regulations; satisfy continuing education requirements.
Gottfried & Somberg Wealth Management LLC offers paid NYSE holidays, vacation and sick/personal days; a 401(k) retirement plan with a company match; and participation in health, life and disability insurance plans.
GOTTFRIED & SOMBERG WEALTH MANAGEMENT, LLC (860) 430-9104
PO Box 148 Eastern Blvd, Suite 201 Glastonbury, CT 06033 | www.gottfriedsomberg.com
Securities and Advisory Services offered through Commonwealth Financial Network, Member FINRA/SIPC. A Registered Investment Adviser. Fixed insurance products and services offered through Gottfried & Somberg Wealth Management, LLC are separate and unrelated to Commonwealth.