Senior Financial Planning Analyst
Our team is growing! We are seeking an experienced Senior Financial Planning Analyst (FPA) who enjoys portfolio management, analysis, research, and more, to join our team.
Who We Are
We are a fast-paced independent wealth management firm located in Glastonbury, CT. Our clients are business owners, teachers, investors, and people who are experiencing a life transition. Whether it's losing a spouse, preparing for retirement, or starting a family, we are there for our clients. We are strongly committed not only to our clients but to our community. We support a number of charitable organizations and groups as a way of saying “thanks” and we encourage staff to get involved with organizations that are special to them.
Who You Are
You are passionate about financial services and helping others. You are the consummate professional in the way you work with clients, colleagues, and others. You thrive in a fast-paced environment, using excellent time management and multitasking skills to manage multiple deadlines and complete projects with precision. You enjoy problem solving and developing ways to improve existing processes. You believe that learning never stops so you proactively take steps to remain up to date on industry developments. Exceptional detail orientation comes naturally to you, and you are able to communicate effectively with clients, colleagues, and people across all levels of the business. You understand the importance of remaining compliant with all FINRA, SEC and broker/dealer regulations. You are willing to take on new responsibilities and take charge of responsibilities without being asked. Flexibility, versatility, and adaptability are essential for this role. Technology is key to getting work done so you are highly proficient with Excel and have experience working with a client relationship management system (CRM).
More About the Position
This is a full-time position, and we provide a competitive salary and benefits package. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. This position provides outstanding financial planning and wealth management assistance for existing and future clients. You will support advisors throughout the financial planning process by gathering client data; creating financial reports; performing investment research and financial analysis, creating retirement income plans and Teacher’s Retirement Board (TRB) pension estimates; executing all trades; and handling the Model Management platform for all clients.
We have the tools and resources to support your efforts, ensuring you are set up for success. We work as a team so being present in the office is essential to facilitate training, build relationships, and to support clients who visit and/or attend on-site meetings. We offer a comfortable, professional, work environment in our brand-new custom-built office in Glastonbury Center.
- Analyze investments using Morningstar®, Riskalzye and other tools
- Use MoneyGuidePro, other planning software and propriety spreadsheets to create financial statements and projections, run Monte Carlo analyses, and illustrate how to consolidate investments with our firm.
- Attend client meetings, take notes, create summary letters, and perform necessary follow-up.
- Maintain model portfolios and manage client accounts within the Model Management platform.
- Perform semi-annual rebalancing and reactive rebalancing due to market conditions
- Execute all trades and monitor all SWPs, Debit Account Alerts and Upcoming Advisory Fee Alerts
- Maintain monthly data analysis for model portfolios
- Gather, organize, and submit data for share class conversions
- Perform quantitative and qualitative analysis with reliably sourced data
- A minimum of three years’ experience in financial services is required.
- A college degree is preferred.
- Certified Financial Planner™ certification, or a willingness to enroll in the Certified Financial Planner™ certification program.
- Completion of a Registered Paraplanner program is a plus, as is working with National Financial Services.
- FINRA Series 7 and 63 registrations, and FINA Series 65 or 66 registration or willingness to obtain.
- Insurance license or the willingness to obtain.
- Familiarity with Morningstar® Advisor WorkstationSM, ACCESS Tax Lot Accounting, Fidelity Retirement Income Estimator a plus.
- Familiarity with third-party asset management systems (how they work, their benefits and drawbacks) a plus.
- Highly proficient with financial planning and investment concepts and terminology.
- Familiarity with mutual fund, stock, bond, insurance, and annuity products.
- Familiarity with financial planning software; MoneyGuidePro a plus.
Our values center on teamwork, collaboration, commitment to helping others, honesty, and accountability to ourselves and our clients. If what you’ve read resonates with you, please email your resume with cover letter explaining why you would be a good fit for this position to [email protected]