Our team is growing! We are seeking an experienced HR director who is passionate about building high-performance teams. In this exempt, part-time position, you will work 24 hours each week. Enjoy the flexibility of crafting your own schedule with the expectation that you conduct your work during the core hours of 8:30am -5:00 pm anytime between Monday-Thursday, with a minimum of 3 days onsite.
By hiring inspired people, giving them interesting and challenging work, enabling them with innovative tools, and letting them have autonomy to complete their work in the way that makes sense for them, we’ve found a positive and sustainable way to grow.
Who We Are
We are a fast-paced independent wealth management firm located in Glastonbury, CT. Our clients are business owners, teachers, investors, and people who are experiencing a life transition. Whether it is losing a spouse, preparing for retirement, or starting a family, we are there to support our clients.
We are strongly committed not only to our clients but to our community. We support a number of charitable organizations and groups as a way of saying “thank you” and we encourage staff to get involved with organizations that are special to them.
Who You Are
You are passionate about people and creating a better employee experience that will support our clients and the firm’s continued growth. You are the consummate professional in the way you work with clients, colleagues, and others. You thrive in a fast-paced environment, using excellent interpersonal and communications skills to connect with and guide the team. You enjoy problem solving and developing ways to enhance the employee experience. You believe that learning never stops so you proactively take steps to remain up to date on HR developments. Detailed knowledge of employment laws, leadership development and building a winning culture are just a few of your strengths. You are able to communicate effectively with clients, colleagues, and people across all levels of the business, particularly when discussing sensitive and confidential matters. You understand the importance of remaining compliant with employment laws and are highly proficient with Microsoft Office.
More About the Position
This leadership position provides outstanding HR support to strengthen the foundation the firm has built while expanding the scope and depth of assistance we can provide to firm leaders and staff. In this role you will implement all aspects of HR policies and procedures including recruiting, benefits administration, compensation, and staff engagement and development. You will collaborate with senior leaders to understand the firm’s goals and develop, recommend, and implement strategies and initiatives to achieve these goals. In order to learn our business, develop relationships with employees, and to complete the leadership responsibilities of the position, being on-site is necessary.
We have state-of-the-art tools and resources to support your efforts, ensuring you are set up for success. We work as a team and support the flexibility employees seek. We provide a comfortable, professional, work environment in our brand-new custom-built office in Glastonbury Center, CT.
· Support the development of high-performance teams by motivating, coaching, evaluating, and retaining high performers. Create and revise job descriptions as needed. Review and update the performance evaluation process to reflect best practices (metrics, frequency, etc.). Map out career paths to define upward mobility within the company, including job descriptions, timeframes, professional development, and mentoring, and revise as needed.
· Manage talent and engage in employee relations by meeting no less than monthly for in-person check-ins, quarterly performance, and annual performance reviews with direct supervisors and, if applicable, their direct reports. Provide supervisors with team coaching and assist with performance-related matters, including documentation and participation in performance-related meetings. Deliver difficult messages with tact and compassion.
· Enhance team culture and personal relationship building by developing and implementing fun activities and initiatives.
· Develop and execute all aspects of recruitment, hiring, onboarding and offboarding. Write job descriptions, place advertisements, interview, and negotiate job offers. Execute all aspects new-employee onboarding including coordinating with Technology, Licensing, Compliance, Payroll and direct supervisor; register for Commonwealth 101 training, employment tax and benefit forms, and general orientation.
· Maintain current knowledge and compliance with employment laws on the State and Federal level. Maintain and update Employee Handbook so it is in compliance with state and federal laws, is aligned with the firm’s goals and objectives, and contains best practices.
· Coordinate payroll and implement all benefits administration. Annual research, re-evaluation, enrollment, and implementation of insurance benefits. Administer 401k enrollments and plan oversight. Administer all claims resolution relating to unemployment, disability, FMLA, workers’ compensation, etc. Manage medical leaves including paternity/maternity and work with team of absent employee to arrange coverage.
- Ability to lead, plan and manage change for a team
- 8–10 years’ successful experience in managing human resources; financial services experience a plus
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations
- Exceptional interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Strong decision-making, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to break down complex objectives into discrete steps and implement successfully
- Superior oral and written communications skills. Ability to deliver difficult messages with tact and compassion.
- Technical aptitude, including strong PC, Internet, and software skills
- SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP certification preferred
Pay: $48,000 - $58,500 per year
- Enjoy the flexibility of crafting your 24 hour weekly schedule with the expectation that you conduct your work during the core hours of 8:30am -5:00 pm anytime between Monday-Thursday, with a minimum of 3 days onsite.
Our values center on teamwork, collaboration, commitment to helping others, honesty, and accountability to ourselves and our clients.
The benefits package includes a competitive salary, bonus, paid vacation and sick/personal time, paid holidays, a 401(k) plan with an employer match, and participation in group health, dental, life and disability insurance. Free parking is available.
We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. If what you’ve read resonates with you, we encourage you to apply. Interested parties should email their resume and cover letter with “HR Dir” in the subject line to [email protected] Gottfried & Somberg Wealth Management LLC is located at 340 Hebron Avenue, Glastonbury, CT 06033.