Our team is growing! We are seeking an experienced Paraplanner who is passionate about helping others. By hiring inspired people, giving them interesting and challenging work, enabling them with innovative tools, and letting them have autonomy to complete their work in the way that makes sense for them, we’ve found a positive and sustainable way to grow.
Who We Are
We are a fast-paced independent wealth management firm located in Glastonbury, CT. Our clients are business owners, teachers, investors, and people who are experiencing a life transition. Whether it is losing a spouse, preparing for retirement, or starting a family, we are there to support our clients.
We are strongly committed not only to our clients but to our community. We support a number of charitable organizations and groups as a way of saying “thank you” and we encourage staff to get involved with organizations that are special to them.
Who You Are
You are passionate about financial services and helping others. You are the consummate professional in the way you work with clients, colleagues, and others. You thrive in a fast-paced environment, using excellent time management and multitasking skills to manage multiple deadlines and complete projects with precision. You enjoy problem solving and developing ways to improve existing processes. You believe that learning never stops so you proactively take steps to remain up to date on industry developments. Exceptional detail orientation comes naturally to you, and you are able to communicate effectively with clients, colleagues, and people across all levels of the business. You understand the importance of remaining compliant with all FINRA, SEC and broker/dealer regulations. Technology is key to getting work done so you are highly proficient with Microsoft Office and have experience working with a client relationship management system (CRM).
More About the Position
This position provides outstanding financial planning and wealth management assistance for existing and future clients. You will support advisors throughout the financial planning process by gathering client data; creating financial reports; performing investment research and financial analysis, creating retirement income plans and Teacher’s Retirement Board (TRB) pension estimates; and handling the Model Management platform for all clients.
We have state-of-the-art tools and resources to support your efforts, ensuring you are set up for success. We work as a team and support the flexibility employees seek. You can choose to work remotely or in our comfortable, professional, work environment in our brand-new custom-built office in Glastonbury Center.
- Analyze investments using Morningstar®, Riskalzye and other tools
- Use MoneyGuidePro, other planning software and propriety spreadsheets to create financial statements and projections, run Monte Carlo analyses, and illustrate how to consolidate investments with our firm
- Attend client meetings, take notes, create summary letters, and perform necessary follow-up.
- Maintain model portfolios and manage client accounts within the Model Management platform.
- Perform semi-annual rebalancing and reactive rebalancing due to market conditions
- Monitor all SWPs, Debit Account Alerts and Upcoming Advisory Fee Alerts
- Work on a team with 2 CFA®s’ to support portfolio management
- Maintain monthly data analysis for model portfolios
- Gather, organize, and submit data for share class conversions
- A minimum of one years of experience in financial services is required.
- A college degree in finance, economics or similar is preferred.
- CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ certification, or a willingness to enroll in the CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER ™ certification program.
- Completion of a Registered Paraplanner program is a plus, as is working with National Financial Services.
- FINRA Series 7 and 63 registrations, and FINRA Series 65 or 66 registration or willingness to obtain.
- Familiarity with Morningstar® Advisor WorkstationSM, MoneyGuidePro, and Riskalyze.
Our values center on teamwork, collaboration, commitment to helping others, honesty, and accountability to ourselves and our clients. We recognize the importance of personal and professional development and have paths available for career advancement.
The benefits package includes a competitive salary, bonus, paid vacation and sick/personal time, paid holidays, a 401(k) plan with an employer match, and health, dental, life and disability insurance. If you choose to work in the office free parking is available.
We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. If what you’ve read resonates with you, we encourage you to apply.
21127380 - 7.25.22