Client Service Manager
Fast-paced independent CT Wealth Management firm seeks an experienced customer service professional to join our growing team. The Client Service Manager Is a full-time position responsible for administrative support to a team of advisors and providing exceptional customer service. Financial services industry experience required. Interested parties should email their resume and cover letter with “CSM” in the subject line to [email protected]. Gottfried & Somberg Wealth Management LLC is located at 148 Eastern Boulevard, Suite 201, Glastonbury, CT 06033.
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Promptly respond to client questions and service requests within 24 business hours regarding general account info, online access, withdrawals, transfers, and investments. For matters exceeding 1 day, provide estimate for resolution and keep customer apprised of status. Always own the outcome.
- Anticipate advisor’s needs and handle them proactively. Prepare forms and folders for meetings while minimizing details advisor is involved in. Open new accounts, follow up after meetings, create correspondence as directed by advisor, and schedule client meetings.
- Use excellent customer service skills to build client relationships. Engage in regular contact with clients via telephone, email and letters.
- Process withdrawals and transfers, and assist clients with completing forms and conference calls with third parties. Place trades through Commonwealth at advisor’s direction, if licensed.
- Track all pending business paperwork and proactively resolve issues to move business through the pipeline. Follow up on outstanding transactions with clients, our broker/dealer Commonwealth Financial, and third parties while always advocating for our client. Update pending business summary daily.
- Use Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system to maintain updated client records and record office contact with each client to ensure continuity and quality of service.
- File and maintain up-to-date organized client files, including electronic copies of all signed applications, forms, and correspondence according to Commonwealth’s Compliance requirements.
- Provide office coverage in the absence of other administrative staff.
- Regularly review processes and make suggestions to improve office functions
- Regularly review our broker/dealer Commonwealth Financial’s news items, technology updates, and e-mail communications; report pertinent information back to advisor.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- 3+ years of experience in the financial services industry; experience working with National Financial Services (NFS) processes and forms preferred
- Demonstrated ability to support multiple financial advisors and work well on a team
- Desire and commitment to provide exceptional customer service
- Excellent time management and multi-tasking skills to complete a high volume of work within deadlines
- Superb attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and desire to interact with clients and team members
- Sophisticated organizational skills for maintaining paper and electronic files
DESIRED SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Proficiency with Customer Relationship Management (CRM) systems to track client data
- FINRA Series 6 or FINRA Series 7 registration preferred; FINRA Series 63 and Insurance license a plus
- College degree preferred
- Familiarity with 401k plan administration preferred
- Professional behavior according to the GSWM Employee Manual. Observe and honor GSWM core values of Honesty and Integrity; Build Genuine Relationships; Strive for Excellence; and Seek Continuous Self Improvement.
- Establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with the team. Work collaboratively to retain existing client base as well as grow client base.
- Possess a growth mindset and demonstrate initiative by being willing to take on new responsibilities, take charge of a responsibility without being asked, or make suggestions for improvements.
- Develop high-level understanding of roles and responsibilities of each office position.
Gottfried & Somberg Wealth Management LLC offers paid NYSE holidays, vacation and sick/personal days; a 401(k) retirement plan with a company match.
Interested parties should email their resume and cover letter with “CSM” in the subject line to [email protected]. Gottfried & Somberg Wealth Management LLC is located at 148 Eastern Boulevard, Suite 201, Glastonbury, CT 06033.