Our team is growing! We are seeking an experienced Wealth Advisor who is passionate about maintaining a book of business by assisting clients in meeting their financial goals. This is not a sales role; the Wealth Advisor will proactively take care of 100-150 current clients to assist them with their long-term financial goals.
Who We Are
We are a fast-paced independent wealth management firm located in Glastonbury, CT. By hiring inspired people, giving them interesting work with innovative tools, and letting them have flexibility to complete their work, we’ve found a positive and sustainable way to grow.
Our clients are business owners, teachers, investors, and people who are experiencing a life transition. Whether it is losing a spouse, preparing for retirement, or starting a family, we are there to support our clients. We are strongly committed not only to our clients but to our community. We support a number of charitable organizations as our way of saying “thank you” and have team volunteer days. We provide state-of-the-art tools and resources to support your efforts, ensuring you are set up for success. We work as a team and support the flexibility employees seek. We provide a comfortable, professional, work environment in our brand-new custom-built office in Glastonbury, CT.
Who You Are
You are passionate about people and creating a superb client experience that will support the firm’s continued growth. You provide outstanding communication, service and financial planning guidance to current and future clients to develop and deepen relationships. You thrive in a fast-paced environment, and enjoy problem solving and developing ways to enhance the client experience. You possess excellent interpersonal and communications skills to communicate effectively with clients, colleagues, and people across all levels of the business, particularly when discussing confidential matters.
Wealth Advisor Responsibilities include:
- Gather and analyze client data, and develop and update a financial plan help clients achieve their financial, retirement goals. Discuss estate issues and tax considerations, and implement appropriate investment and insurance solutions.
- Maintain client relationships by developing and deepening connection with each family. Provide exceptional client service through in-person, phone and email communications with clients.
- Partner with in-house investment and administrative support professionals to be proactive and attentive to clients’ needs. Consult with investment team on their recommendations for appropriate investment and insurance solutions including asset allocation, portfolio construction, and rebalancing strategies based on client risk/reward objectives.
- Work effectively with clients’ other professional advisors such as attorneys and CPAs, and refer clients to these professionals to ensure that their needs are met.
- Remain up to date on industry developments. Comply with all FINRA, SEC, and Commonwealth regulations. Satisfy continuing education requirements.
Required skills and knowledge
- Minimum 5 years of experience as a lead advisor with client facing and financial planning experience
- Advanced knowledge of investments, retirement planning, estate planning, income taxes and insurance, and their integration into a comprehensive financial plan.
- Highly proficient and comfortable explaining complex financial planning concepts and terminology in understandable terms.
- Exceptional listening, written, and oral communication skills.
- Superb attention to detail.
- Excellent time management and multi-tasking skills to manage multiple deadlines and complete projects with precision.
Desired Skills and Knowledge
- CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™, or willingness to enroll in CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ certification program
- Familiarity with financial planning software; MoneyGuidePro a plus
- College degree preferred. BA or BS degree;
- Experience working with Commonwealth or National Financial Services a plus.
Our values center on teamwork, collaboration, commitment to helping others, honesty, and accountability to ourselves and our clients. The benefits package includes a competitive salary, bonus, paid vacation and sick/personal time, paid holidays, a 401(k) plan with an employer match, and health, dental, life and disability insurance. Free parking is available.
We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. If what you’ve read resonates with you, we encourage you to apply. Interested parties should email their resume and cover letter with “Wealth Advisor” in the subject line to [email protected] Gottfried & Somberg Wealth Management LLC is located at 340 Hebron Avenue, Glastonbury, CT 06033.